ticker

My Weightloss Journey

Sunday, February 23, 2014

February!

 We are now hopefully coming to the end of winter and looking forward to spring.  This year has been a challenging one for me.  I am still trying to adjust to a new school and school climate, as well as tackle some personal goals.
 I still get frustrated and feel like I'm so different than the rest of the world at times.  Friendship is so important to me and it's hard to find people that are not "busy" and are genuine.  Relationships since college has been a huge transition and one I'm still getting used to.  I have lost people who for whatever reason were not able to be there for me when I was at my lowest and others I have had to walk away from for personal reasons,  grieving many who meant the world to me. I know at this time, I need to protect my heart and focus on my relationship with God and go to him when I'm feeling alone.
  I am also continuing with the bible study, Made to Crave, which I'm really enjoying.  God is working in my life and speaking through the study, scripture, and the present sermon series at our church.  I believe he is wanting me to rely on him fully and completely for my needs.  When I am tempted to run to food , he wants me to come to him to fulfill those yearnings.  I have learned a lot and continue to try and learn the lessons he is making clear to me.  I know he wants me to use this struggle to honor him.


One of the big things this month was having to register Tyler for Kindergarten!  I can't believe it is that time!  I know everybody says it, but it does just seem like yesterday I was holding him right after he was born.  He is super excited and I know he will do great, but I have a feeling it will be hard for me to adjust :) 


Gabby is doing great in fourth grade! This year has been an adjustment for both of us, and she is stepping up to the challenge.  I decided that I need to step back and let her take responsibility for her homework and grades. Instead of being a helicopter mom, I am now just the cheerleader! 

She just finished her second marking period.  The work is getting harder and she is still doing great.  She was awarded at her school assembly 3 awards for perfect attendance, honor roll and for writing.  She is also in chorus and band.  She is just like her mommy and loves music!  She drives her father crazy going around the house singing all the time! She is speeding a long on her flute too.  I love listening to her practice and can't believe how far she has come and that she is following in my footsteps.

Although, this year has been challenging and a year of adjustment for us all, I believe we have all grown.  I know I have a long way to go to reach many of my goals, but it's nice to feel I'm at least on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment