ticker

My Weightloss Journey

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Flying!

Summer is really flying by.  I can't believe it's halfway over.  I've really enjoyed the time I've had to relax, the slower pace, and being able to do things I don't get to do when I'm working.  I'm looking forward to enjoying the next month by myself and with the family.  We have some trips and activities to look forward to. 

One focus this summer has been getting back into a more healthier lifestyle.  I have lost 66 pounds total since I first started a while back and almost 20 pounds the past two months.  I have a ways to go and it can be really discouraging some weeks when the scale doesn't move, but I'm eating proportionally and exercising on a consistent basis.  I know with working, I am not moving around as much, and my doctor says the humidity holds on to fluid and I"m gaining muscle from working out, but I still want to see results.  I have to just remember to keep plugging along....it's not how fast I get there, but that I do...and I will.  It's been nice to get back regularly to jazzercise and to have that support and a way to de-stress.  It's nice to be in control of my eating, even though I don't have control over the scale!

I have been back to therapy this summer, after taking a little break for two months.  I have had a breakthrough it seems, and now the hard part is keep the positive self-talk going and start a new chapter in my life completely.  To not that things that trigger feelings from the past dictate my future, because I am not that person anymore. 

The kids are enjoying summer as well.  They love their camps that have water days, ice cream days and special visitors and trips.  I'm going to be able to go with Gabby Wednesday when her camp goes to White Water Mountain.  Should be a fun day for the two of us!
We also took them to the blue rocks for the first time.  They had a blast watching the baseball game, and eating ice cream out of their very own baseball souvenir cup.  They also loved the cowboy monkey rodeo they had during some of the innings.  They had monkeys dressed up as cowboys and riding dogs that had saddles chasing goats!  Perfect ending to the night was a firework display.  Was a great night for all of us. 

We have the Delaware State Fair to look forward to next week and a trip to the beach and Dutch Wonderland in August.  Now we just want summer to slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment