ticker

My Weightloss Journey

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Relaxing Weekend...Exciting April!

This past week hasn't been one of our regular weeks. Gabby was on Spring Break from school while I wasen't. Although I wish I could have spent some individual time with just her, I'm planning on this weekend to spend some individual time with both kids. They both still adore each over, but it's kind of funny how their interaction is changing. Gabby has times where she gets frustrated because he will not do what she wants him to do because he has his own mind now and his is starting to voice his wants much more clearer these days! Some days are harder than others to stay consistent, but things run smoothly as long as we do not let things slide for both of them. We make sure our expectations are clear for respect and kindness and our job is to keep our patience and consistently provide consequences. Of course, in between timeouts and consequences, we make sure there are lots of hugs and kisses! I'm looking forward to my spring break the end of this month when the weather will be much warmer and not only I get some days to myself without kids but Julio and I will get to go away over night for our anniversary! Very Excited! Gabby did get to do some special things while she was off. She had a daddy-daughter day on Wednesday. They got to go to Friendly's for lunch and then he took her to build-a-bear! Friday they came in and had lunch with me. She has been much happier being off from school...kind of not looking forward to her having to go back to school and dealing with all the stress. This really has not been an easy year for her. We are looking forward to Friday and celebrating Tyler's Birthday. Hard to believe he is turning 2! We have planned some very special presents and activities to celebrate the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment